This e-mail and its attachments may contain information that is confidential and that may be subject to legal privilege and copyright. If you are not the intended recipient you may not peruse, use, disclose, distribute, copy or retain this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and return and thereafter destroy the original message. Please note that e-mails are subject to viruses, data corruption, delay, interception and unauthorised amendment, and that the sender does not accept liability for any damages that may be incurred as a result of communication by e-mail. No employee or intermediary is authorised to conclude a binding agreement on behalf of the sender by e-mail without express written confirmation by a duly authorised representative of the sender. By transmitting this e-mail message over the Internet the sender does not intend to allow the contents hereof to become part of the public domain, and the confidential nature of the contents shall not be altered or diminished from by such transmission.
Standard Trading Conditions
“All business is undertaken in terms of our standard trading conditions. We set out below a summary of some of the provisions for your convenience, but recommend that you obtain a copy of the complete conditions from Aeromaritime International Management Services Proprietary limited. The word “company” refers to Aeromaritime Management Services Proprietary Limited trading as AIMS (PTY) LTD. This summary does not amend the conditions in any way.
- Goods are handled, warehoused and transported at owners risk.The company is not a public or common carrier.
- The company does not insure customers goods against loss or damage. The company will, however, effect such insurance if instructed in writing to do so.
- The company has a lien over customers goods for all amounts due by the customer to the company whether in respect of the goods held or otherwise.
- The company is entitled to utilize the service of sub-contractors on conditions imposed by sub-contractors.
- The company accepts no responsibility for consequential loss.
- The company will not be liable for any loss or damage to customers goods unless the loss or damage is the result of the company’s gross negligence and arises while the goods are in the company’s actual custody. Timeous written notice of a claim must be given to the company.
- The company’s liability is limited to the least of the value of the goods for customs purposes or insurance purposes or double the amount of the company’s fees in respect of such goods.”